Saturday, September 20, 2008

Studio Saturday with Jangles

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner. This week's winner is Elaine at Tooaquarius! Congratulations! Please send your postal address to the ABS Suggestion Box to receive your Love Links from Cindy.

Today we are in Jennifer Heynen's, Jangles studio.....

Hi there, everyone, it's my turn for Studio Saturday. It has been an exciting week for me so I have a lot to show you. First and foremost, if you read my blog, you have seen that I have just completed my new studio space. We made our guest/office/play room in to my studio. I ripped up carpet, tore down wallpaper, and painted to get this space in working condition. I absolutely love it now and I spend most of my time there now.

As for the beads that I have been making in my new studio....

Next week is Ornament Thursday and I will be contributing for Art Bead Scene. The theme is Brew and I have been busy stirring up some new beads for it. Here are some of my beads, they are a bit funkier than my usual beads, but Halloween is supposed to be fun so I wanted to make some fun beads. These are stuffed animal eyes.
I am not really sure these will make it into my design, but they were fun to make. Spooky eh?
I also made these Boo word beads. I thought they would accompany my Halloween pumpkins, ghosts, and bats well.


And last but not least, I have been working on jewelry. We are starting to come into fall and soon enough we will all be doing our Holiday shopping. Since my book has come out, I have had lots of requests for finished jewelry. My goal is to have it up and selling online next month. I actually started making jewelry before I sold my beads individually. I have had a wholesale line of jewelry for eight years. This is the first time I will be offering pieces online. Here are some samples of my finished work. I even have a few pieces up on Etsy now, like the earrings above.

As you know, if you answer my question of the week in the comments section of the blog you could win a great prize.

So my question of the week would be...

Have you started making jewelry for Holiday sales or as Holiday gifts? If you leave an answer you could win a set of my Jack O' lantern beads.
Have a super Saturday!
Jennifer Jangles

16 comments:

SueBeads said...

No, but I just found out my daughter's school wants me to do their holiday shoppe again this year - I better get busy if I want to do it - it's going to be a hard year, again, I think, for jewelry and bead sales.

Anonymous said...

I am in an exchange so I am actually working on Halloween jewelry...its a shocker I usually think about it right before Halloween.
Your eyeballs - so great! I am working on bezeling some but boy I love your colors around the edge so I am trying to figure out how to add that color!

rosebud101 said...

Yes, I have started to make holiday beads. I've made a few Halloween beads, and now I have an order for 2 lampwork angel ornaments. I've made lots of trees and snowwomen. I think so. I love your jewelry!

cindy said...

I have just started looking at fall and holiday beads, etc. Starting more to get ideas now. I love your work space! Especially the floor!
Cindy
http://www.devinedesignsjewelry.etsy.com

Rosanne said...

I have my list of gifts to get started on, just haven't quite got the time to get them going. I love your new workspace. If I had a room like that I'd never come out.

gail said...

I have begun to make jewelry presents.I'm having trouble,though.My style has really changed in the last year,and I'll admit-for the better.And it is because of this site.Ya'lls beads&styles have had a huge impact on my jewelry,and I thank-you so much!Anyhow,my problem is,I don't want to give anything I'm making away!

Stacia said...

I am making jewelry for two craft shows coming in Oct. & Dec. I am using the proceeds to pay my expenses for my mission trip to Haiti next year.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Your new pieces are all so pretty..I especially like the bright necklace with the large flower focal and the COOL stuffed animal eye bezels! As far as making jewelry for holiday sales/gifts...it's been on my mind but I have not officially started yet! :-{

Michelle Mach said...

Your studio is gorgeous! I love how it matches your design style. I just finished reading the new Studios magazine and I am envious of all of you who have such great work spaces.

Hope you get lots of answers to your poll!

Nancy Markosky said...

I love your new workspace! It motivated me to look at mine differently. I have been working on some new stuff for the Christmas show coming up and have been thinking about Christmas gift too.

Amanda said...

I haven't begun making holiday pieces... I keep meaning to, but I don't have the colors I need! I saw some marvelous orange magnesite on Etsy the other night... maybe I'll begin crafting for Halloween when I get my hands on that...

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Oh.
My.
God!

I love your new studio, Jennifer! I wish I had one like yours!!! Can you come to my house and help me re-model? Just lovely! A happy happy happy place to make your happy happy happy beads!

YAY! for Jennifer's space!

Cindy

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I make beads and I just wasn't in a Halloween mood last month when other bead makers were getting with it.

In fact, back then, I panicked and listed all my Christmas beads from LAST Christmas!!! (That's how behind I felt!)

Now that we've had some cooler weather, I've made some Halloween focals: a witches hat, a one eyed green witch, a giant kandy korn and matching kandy korn kitty. And... I have a giant hollow pumpkin soaking in my water bowl as well as a few sets! I also made my first Halloween button - another witches hat.

So, I guess I'm getting there but I think I'm going to make some and save them just so I'll have them to list next July!!! LOL!!

JenniferJangles said...

I agree the fall weather is kind of the signal that we all need to start getting ready for the holidays.
Thanks for all of the comments...
Jennifer

Jen Judd said...

I love those eyeballs!! Hilarious! Yes, I've been in a holiday crafting mode for a few weeks now. Fall is my favorite time of year and I'm doing a fall show, so I can't stop grabbing my orange-y beads. But, in the spirit of Halloween, I've been mixing in tons of purple and black for some fun ones.

Thanks for the look inside your studio!! So fun!!

Jen (not another one!!!)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh I'm in love with the Eyeball Beads!! So cool! No way evil could lurk, with those eyes keeping watch!!