Friday, September 19, 2008

The Trendy Bead - Fall Foliage

Is the weather turning cooler in your area? We've gone from 98 everyday to 89. Feels like Autumn to me! Nature is a constant source of inspiration for trendy jewelry designers. This week I've paired up some of my favorite art beads with leafy inspired copper components from Etsy.

First up is an amazing set of handcrafted copper leaves from firstfruitdesigns. They be would perfect with my new copper Branches Disk Beads and oh, look at this find, a branch toggle clasp in copper from BeadSupplies. I must have these!


Next is a harvest inspired set with copper ball headpins from HigherChakraSupply, don't they look like fruit ready for the picking? I'd continue the dot theme with Jangle's woodsy ceramic bead. And the center piece? This amazing Shibuichi Tree of Knowledge pendant from Green Girl Studios offered by Cathy Dailey. Apple cider anyone?

Not ready to give up the sunshine? Here are some harvest gold glass beads from BobbiThisnThat. They say charm bracelet to me paired up with a collection of copper filigree leaves from ArtfulMarket. And the clasp? Why, an oregano leaf button from Creative Impressions in Clay.

Doesn't Lynn's Zephyr bead in Paprika just make you want to book a trip to Vermont to see the leaves change colors? I'd use these Art Deco looking leaf charms from RockStash with Hammered copper rings from Prolifique to create a necklace with lots of linked pieces using copper wire.

Want your leaves with a modern twist? Start with a set of Cindy Gimbrone's glass spirals in bronze, sprinkle in these organic metal disks sold by lustrousthings and use a graphic leafy clasp from BrazenButton to carry off the design. Add in bold copper chain and you'll a statement necklace perfect for fall.

The Trendy Bead report is brought to by Heather Powers of Humblebeads.

7 comments:

Erin Siegel said...

Great post! I love Autumn and I love leaves of any kind!I live in New England, so I'm constantly inspired by the changing colors!

I'd like to introduce myself to everyone here at ArtBeadScene! Hi, My name is Erin Siegel. I've been making and designing jewelry for over 5 years now. Started making my own pendants about a year ago. I hand-craft ceramic leaf pendants from porcelain clay. I'm a member of Beads-of-Clay and I'm familiar with a few of the artist here. Please check me out sometime. Thank you so much! You guys do such a great job with this blog.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

These great fall beads really get my design juices flowing! Thanks for a great post!

rosebud101 said...

Those are great finds! No, they are better than great! Thanks for sharing. I love those copper rings!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

You inspired me, Heather - on the way home yesterday I stopped and picked up some leaf shaped resin beads, now I have to figure out how to use them soon.

Bead-Mused said...

Love this post! I wish we had leaves that change color here. I guess I will have to supply my own! Thanks for the links, Heather!
Theresa

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bunch of inspiration!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Oooh, gorgeous - I can't resist the colors of fall!