Monday, August 16, 2010

Featured Designer of the Week: Molly Alexander

Each Monday the Art Bead Scene features the Designer of the Week. One of our editors picks her favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries.

This is what Art Bead Scene Editor Heather Powers had to say about this piece:

"What can I say, enamel is hot and this piece is on fire!  I love how the painting directly inspired Molly's art bead pendant.  It's so unique and such a wonderful reflection of the inspiration source.  I also love that this is a simpler design, but with some great details like the texture of the wirework and accent beads and the handmade clasp."

Visit Molly's blog to see more of her work: Beautifully Broken Me.
 
Sunrise by John “Jack” Savitsky
 

Want to see your design here next week?  Enter our monthly challenge and you just might!
August Monthly Challenge

11 comments:

Jeannie said...

Excellent! Congratulations Molly. This is Moxie Fab.

beautifullybrokenme said...

What a wonderful way to start my week! I have enjoyed reading the ABS blog for some time now, and have such respect for its designers and contributors.

Thanks so much for this honor. I truly enjoyed participating in this month's challenge, and will definitely be participating in future ones.

:-) Molly

Michelle Mach said...

What a beautiful pendant!

TesoriTrovati said...

Miss Molly really outdid herself with this one. She is a great designer, and I am so impressed with this.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Gardanne said...

With my new found interest in enameling, I am fascinated by that focal.

Cindy said...

Wow, so happy to see that you've featured Molly Alexander - such a talented jewelry designer! Her necklace is such a beautiful interpretation of the original art, really a one of a kind.

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Congrats Molly! That pendant was stupendous! Love the colors and the enamel work. AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Now this is Wordless...so Magnificent!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! MOLLY! It is a GORGEOUS PIECE!

Jan Thomason said...

THAT'S MY GIRL!! Best jewelry designer in my book.

love your piece
love you more

Malin de Koning said...

I love this piece!