Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tax Time...

My worst nightmare, tax time. I am one of those artists who go in the category of "hate the business side of my art." I procrastinate, which only makes it worse and then of course I hate it even more.
About.com has all sorts of columns and articles for just about everything. I found this article written by Maire Loughran.

"One of the most baffling non-creative aspects of running an arts and crafts business is figuring out what to do about taxes. Owners who can face down extreme bargain hunting customers at a craft show or vendors shorting an order that was needed yesterday can adopt that deer-in-headlights look when trying to get their tax situation under control.
So, how can a busy self-employed arts and crafts business owner stay on top of the tax situation?"
Read the rest of the article here

6 comments:

Alice said...

Thanks for the info. And that reminds me, quarterly sales tax is due tomorrow for me....

Miss Val's Creations said...

It is not fun! I love Turbo Tax for personal & business use. I just plug all the numbers accumulated throughout the year into the software and can usually complete everything within a couple of hours. Best of luck! ~Val

Heather said...

I can relate but did get mine done last week. Whoopie!!
I don't have time today but I will read the articles. I am about to purchase Quick Books for my Mac- hopefully that will make it easier next year. No more making my own spreadsheets with Numbers...
Thanks for the links. I am off to make my last minute Challenge piece.

Unknown said...

Finishing pulling all the receipts and #s together for my taxes is on my To Do list. And since I have procrastinated long enough, now I can not get on the torch again until I get these done. Hate. Taxes.

SueBeads said...

Oh my gosh, I can't stand it either...I just finished yesterday and feel the weight of the world is off my shoulders now. Just in time to do quarterly taxes. Luckily there won't be much to send them this quarter...

roseworksjewelry said...

I hate taxes too! *hugs* have fun getting them done!