Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bead Fest Round Up

I know you east coast beaders are gearing up to shop at Bead Fest this weekend.  I wanted to share with you some of my favorite picks that will be exhibiting at the show this year.  I wish I was going! 


Free pass to the show from Beyond Beadery.



My friends over at Ornamentea are going to have copies of my book, Jewelry Designs from Nature, along with a whole slew of art beads from Elaine Ray - check out the video!  Be sure to stop by booth 932 and say hi to Cynthia and Elaine.

A sneak peek of over 1000 Elaine Ray beads!

Don't miss these bead artists at the show:
Painting with Fire – booth 828
 Enamel beads and supplies - check out Barbara Lewis' new book while you are at the show!

Cindy Craig booth 34 – luminous lampwork beads
C-Koop Beads booth 333 – enamel beads and components
Diane Hawkey booth 911 – fun and funky ceramic beads
Earthenwood Studio 913 – steampunk and nature ceramic beads
Green Girl Studios booth 32 – whimsical and nature inspired pewter
Joan Miller Porcelain booth 325 – award-winning porcelain beads
Lillypilly Designs booth 429 – intricate carved shell pendants and new metal plates
Lisa Kan Designs booth 213 – lampwork leaves and flowers


Vintage Meadow Artworks booth 541 – Hand dyed lucite flowers and leaves (my new favorite!)

7 comments:

Aquariart said...

Love these new hand dyed lucite flowers!! Thanks for the info about them.

TesoriTrovati said...

Dang. Regret cuts deep. I really should have bought some of those dyed flowers at B&B. What is wrong with me? Wish I were going to be there. Sounds like tons of fun.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Heather Powers said...

Erin, I should have bought more - oh how I love them so!

I'm hoping the owner will start an online shop soon Heather - those lucite beads are amazing.

Chris said...

The Bead Fest sounds wonderful. I wish we did that in our neck of the woods. I shouldn't complain because this coming Sunday I will be taking part in our yearly "Art in the Park" and selling my jewelry etc. Many wonderful artisans from around this area will be exhibiting their beautiful creations, in a variety of mediums. Hope it isn't too hot that day. Love your blog.

Elaine Ray said...

This is my first big bead show and I am super excited! Please stop by and see us. BeadFest 2011 has pushed me as a bead artist to create and display in one place more Elaine Ray beads and pendants than ever before. My table is more densely laden with beads than what I'm accustomed to but I am completely loving the look and feel grateful for the push! Thank you beads lovers everywhere! -
Elaine

Diane said...

Wish I could go...but it's a long way from California!
Good luck with your gorgeous beads, Elaine. The video made me drool!
Diane

Fanypap said...

Wonderful flowers!!