Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vintage Lucite and Art Beads

Lucite - what an awesome chameleon.  I've found lucite masquerading as gilded beads, metallic bark, glass and even fur. How funky - I love them all!   I have enjoyed browsing through the Etsy shop of Reduction Nation.  

Here are some of my favorite picks mixed with stones and art beads.  For me, when using a lighter material like lucite or polymer, I like to mix them with beads that have some heft like stones, glass or heavier metal beads.

I wrote this post quite a few weeks ago, some of the stones have sold so I found similar beads at other shops.
   
Similar stones can be found at White Willow Creek, lucite from ReductionNation and glass from Serena Smith.

Similar stones can be found at LimaBeads, lucite from ReductionNation and glass from DaviniaDesigns.



And a few more favorites from ReductionNation:

6 comments:

Gardanne said...

Reduction Nation is one of my favorite etsy shops.

Anonymous said...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/blacksheepbeads

blacksheep beads have wonderfull vintage beads

Alice said...

Wow, there are so many wonderful choices here! Thanks for sharing the links!

JeannieK said...

That little fox bead just warms my heart.

Linda Landig said...

I was so excited to find a link to Serena Smith's Etsy shop!!! She has family in the town where I used to live and I took a lampwork class from her many years ago. I just recently (this week) made a necklace with one of her beads that I got during that class, way back when. Now when I blog about this necklace, I can add a link to her shop when I credit her. I'd lost track of her and didn't know if she even had an online presence.

DaviniaDesign said...

How nice to find one of my bead sets featured on your blog!
Thank you so much.

Davinia
DaviniaDesign.etsy.com