Friday, August 12, 2011

Book Pendants

I was seeing what's new in the Vintaj Idea Gallery and ran across this brilliant idea from designer Betsy Kaage - book pendants!  I couldn't love them more!  What an awesome way to tuck in a secret message into your jewelry and the way the pendants are layered to create an unusual book shape is just so creative and unexpected.  Here are the components used to create Betsy's Bead the Night Away Pendant.

I love how the designer used some of Vintaj's non-traditional components, like the ribbon sliders used in both of these pendants.  Here some of the pieces used in her Tend to Your Garden Pendant

Check out the necklace gallery for more book and layered pendant ideas.

6 comments:

rockcreekcreations said...

Those are sooo cool. I think if I look around I even have some of the flower vintage pieces. I've been thinking about making some ceramic book pendants, but like many things are still in my head...but no were near being created. Must have more time!!

CreationsbyKari said...

Love, love, love!!! These are awesome- so creative!

Angel Whisperer said...

Those are gorgeous pendants! creative and lovely soft colors <3

Angel Whisperer said...

(guess soft was not the right word for the colors in the one at top ;)

Gardanne said...

I love these, I hope Vintaj is at Beadfest. Are you going to be there Heather?

KayzKreationz said...

Those are so cute. Will have to check out the components for both. Love the gardening one especially, since I love flowers and gardening.