Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sundays with Cindy: What's Cooking in the Bead Soup Kitchen?



Last week, I shared a teaser of the beads I sent to my Bead Soup Partner, Cat. This week, I thought I'd share the ingredients I cooked up in my Bead Soup kitchen....

All good Bead Soups start with your favorites. My favorite color is red so the red glass rods were the first ingredient I chose.  I wanted to cook up high contrast, so my next ingredients were turquoise and ivory. The heart motif on the beads signifies a Bead Soup made from the heart. Finally,  I made a toggle of copper rolled through my new favorite toy...errrr...tool, the rolling mill and paired it with one of my double dips in turquoise and red. Twenty gauge copper wire was added to the mix so Cat could fashion jump rings or links if she wanted. A truly yummy set of Bead Soup ingredients if I do say so myself!

Hope you enjoyed the peek into the Bead Soup kitchen! Now let's take a peek into the Bead Bloggers's busy lives by clicking on their links and see what they've been up to this week!

About.com Jewelrymaking
Set up your jewelry designing by making the perfect jewelry sets.

Art Bead Scene
Try something different with your art beads - ribbon!

Beading Arts
The "Mostly Metal" challenge was a great success, many thnaks to Michelle Mach! Come and see all the fun pieces that were made.

Carmi's Art Life/World
Margot Potter's new book inspired Carmi's new linked necklace.

Cindy Gimbrone Beads
Need some iron in your jewelry diet? Tuesday Tangle has just what you're looking for!

Resin Crafts
Carmi uses a great new mold to make "people" donuts.

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
How to win the great giveaway of Maggie Meister's Classical Elagance--an amazing and breathtaking book! See jean's blog!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew introduces the twelve, talented designers that make up the NEW Allegory Gallery Design Team!

Sundays with Cindy is written by Cindy Gimbrone, a lover of beads and all things shiny. See her shiny things collection on her website and maybe she'll let you buy a few

16 comments:

Jenni said...

Lovely soup Cindy, love your colors.I like how you include wire in the soup, too...good idea.
Jenni

Islandgirl said...

Lovely soup... what does the copper 'washer' say?

Lynne

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks Jenni! I was a wire wrapper before a beadmaker so wire is always in the back of my head!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Lynne,

Thanks! It's a French postcard and the word cut off is "art."

Jo said...

That is a lovely set of soup ingredients! Mine arrived yesterday and I love them, my partner has been very generous, and I am definitely going to be challenged!

Malin de Koning said...

My Goodness what a lovely lovely soup you have sent to your partner Cat. Those lampworked heart beads are gorgeous. And all the other things too!

LissC said...

Your bead soup turned out super yummy! Great title. It caught my eye right away.

Lori Anderson said...

LOVE the colors!

vancouver beads maker said...

Thanks for sharing different kind of beads and you really gives me a lot of ideas on what kind of beads should I make. Thanks for sharing. :)

Rebecca said...

What a gorgeous soup you sent Cindy! My favourite colours too.

Cynthia said...

Beautiful color combo!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks for stopping by ABS to take a look at the Bead Soup ingredients I cooked up and see our beady links! I love love love love love (did I say LOVE) the red with turquoise! My partner Cat, sent me an email and said she loves them! Can't wait to see what lovely jewelry goodness she cooks up!

Do Be Do Bead Do said...

What delicious ingredients... I can't wait to see what comes out of the pot!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks! Glad you found them DE-licious! :-)

Elizabeth said...

Great post!! Cindy!!
Love the beads that you made for your soup!! I received a very similar soup from my partner Christine Brandel- same colors different story!! this is one of my new fav color combos!!!

Shai Williams said...

I adore the beads that you added to your soup. Those hearts are perfect on the beads.