Friday, February 17, 2012

Art Bead Color Palette :: Miss Fickle Media

Extra Large Verdigris Patina Metal Flower, by MissFickleMedia

One thing I wish I had more guts to do is play with metal patinas. Except why bother when lovely shops like that of Miss Ficklemedia have it down pat?

I'm totally smitten with the colors owner Shannon creates with patinas. I'm so used to thinking of color as coming only from beads, but Shannon clearly proves me wrong with handmade links, chains, and charms. What a fantastic way to bring in pops of color to add to jewelry designs!

Here are a few favorites:

Lavender Large Textured Copper Chain, by MissFickleMedia



Old Lace White Copper Link, Saffron Yellow Copper Link, and Peacock Blue Copper Chain, by MissFickleMedia


Verdigris Vintage Brass Corrugated Bead, by MissFickleMedia


Burnt Blossoms Patina Charm Pair, by MissFickleMedia


Tell me, have you played with patinas yourself? Or colored links?

To see more from Shannon, you can visit her shop right here.


10 comments:

Baking Beads in the Keys said...

Shannon's work is beautiful. I have her tutorial but have not gotten into it in depth. I need to grow another head and pair of hands before I tackle it:):) She's the master, though. Love, love those verdigris flowers and the patined chains.

CinLynn Boutique said...

I've never played with it but I sure do love it!! You're right. There are so many that have got it down pat, I don't feel the need to get into it. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

love, love, love all of the colors in these palettes.

JeannieK said...

What website do you use to get those awesome color palettes?

Karen Totten said...

I am so in love with Shannon's beautiful color work on metal. These palette extractions are wonderful! How where they generated? Do you have an underlying template for the swatches or ? I'd love to play with this tool!

Leona said...

Love those vintage brass beads!

I got Shannon's Color Drenched metal tutorial and was inspired to get her patina kit as well - haven't had a chance to play with them yet...soon, soon.
Shannon has been super helpful so far in my own patina journey.

Brandi Hussey said...

Thanks ladies! I'm glad you all enjoyed them.

As for the color palettes, I make them myself. If you have Photoshop, I created palette template files over here: http://www.freshlyhued.com.

JeannieK said...

Thanks Brandi

Lori Anderson said...

I bought one of those flowers! And I love the palettes.

Diana P. said...

Beautiful palettes! I occasionally play with patinas but I've been much more focused on my ceramic beads lately than my metalsmithing.