Monday, February 20, 2012

Designer of the Week: Birgitta Lejonklous

Each Monday the Art Bead Scene features a Designer of the Week.
One of our editors picks her favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries.
This week's featured designer is....
Here is what ABS editor Heather Powers said about Birgitta's necklace:

"This is such a striking design.  I love the ceramic color, it evokes the color and design of the monthly challenge.  The tiny bits of red and a delicious punch to the quiet color palette.  I also like the use of the ribbon, as it reminds me of the water in the painting and offers a nice contrast and texture to the ceramic pieces."
 
You can see more of Birgitta's work on her blog.

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Stunning! What a fabulous interpretation for this month's challenge! I love Birgitta's ceramic pendants!

Angel Whisperer said...

Thank You , Heather for choosing my necklace for this week !!
It was such a nice surprise to wake up to this Tuesday morning :)
Will make a post about it now in my blog....

Debrafide said...

this is a beautiful piece- thank you for sharing - debs*

eWa said...

Wonderful piece of jewellery and I just love the idea of using beads and stuff from different countries, all over the world !

Lisa Peters Russ said...

So Happy to see a post about Birgitta! Beautiful Necklace

Unknown said...

What a really Beautiful necklace Birgitta has made! I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. She is such a talented Artisan as well as a designer!

jeanniek said...

High Five!