- Flourish and Thrive Academy - lots of great tips and a series to download if you subscribe to their mailing list.
- Indie Retail Academy - a good resource if you are just starting out or not sure how to approach shops.
- If you have your jewelry line designed but aren't sure what to do next, check out this great list of policies and line sheet information. This was so helpful as I prepare to debut my line.
A simple wholesale checklist:
1. Identify your perfect customer/niche market.
2. Create your collection samples - you'll want signature pieces, a cohesive body of work, and designs that are easy to reproduce.
3. Photograph your work: crisp, clear photos on white backgrounds and 'glamour' shots on models and with props to brand your work.
4. Source supplies.
5. Work out your pricing and financing.
6. Create your policies and terms.
7. Create a line sheet.
8. Create a website to showcase your line.
9. Create your list of dream clients.10. Contact buyers/shops to set up appointments or to send your sales packet.