Monday, September 14, 2015

Amuse the Muse - Autumnal Beads - with Rebecca of Songbead

Hello everyone! Me again, here with a super rundown of gorgeous handmade Autumnal beads for you. And this week's roundup is extra special! It's time for

Art Bead Scene does Autumnal Beads

Yep, I've got gorgeous beads from all of us in the team, ready to inspire your Autumnal designs. (And if you left a link/comment last week - thank you! I will be sharing them in next week's Muse post, never fear.)

Humblebeads. I adore feathers; I adore colour - what's not to love here? 

Julie Wong Sontag - Uglibeads - these have sold but Julie has more work coming up this week! Keep your eyes peeled - you've got to be super quick to snag an UgliBead!

Tari Sasser - I absolutely love the delicate texture of these leaf buttons. She's got them in a whole range of tones.

More gorgeous work from Heather Humblebeads. Don't you just adore the colours and the translucent quality of these leaves? 

I think we get rain too often here in the UK to smile every time - but Heather Swoondimples' work never, ever fails to make me smile. Her shop is closed right now but will be opening again really soon!

I absolutely adore the contrasting glazes of Michele's leaf pendant! Very special. 

It's good to remember that Autumn isn't just about greens and browns but also vibrant, warm tones too. This glorious pendant is from Mary Harding. 

Look to the earth for Autumnal inspiration! Claire's toadstools are just pure fun. I love their glossy heads especially. 

I've plenty of colours to choose from in my beaded bead selection, but these Turquoise Moss Picasso rounds say 'Autumn' to me....

....and every starring art bead needs a good supporting cast! Some of my favourite new beads in The Curious Bead Shop. 

I think those large Glowing Ember Blooms above would be the perfect match for Erin's very special leaf pendant! Again, I'm going to bang on about the glowing colours here. 


Erin has a set of these - I honestly can't pick my favourite. I'd love to create a set from these! (And check out one of these lovelies in action featured on one of my favourite blogs too!)
Another very special pendant from Mary Harding. Again, colour - but look at the torn textural edges! Just incredible.

Another gorgeous Autumnal-toned piece from Heather Swoondimples. The perfect rusty, October-y orange! And isn't the light in this shot rather wonderful too?

I had to save this one til last. Wouldn't you love to create something with Tari's wee alpaca? Too cute! 




And now for the BeadBlogger Links. Have a great week everyone!








Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer; currently living in the capital city of Edinburgh. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum, Yum, Yummy - thank you!

Claire Lockwood said...

Thanks for putting this together, Rebecca!