Monday, September 28, 2015

Amuse the Muse - Autumnal beads - with Rebecca of Songbead

Hello all! It's Monday again, time for our last week of Autumnal beads. Although I've enjoyed this theme so very much, I'm tempted to continue on through October too - maybe some kind of variation on the theme. What do you think? Any ideas? 

I'm also thinking of adding to my weekly posts by featuring a piece of jewellery on the theme too - art-bead laden. This might be one of mine, one of the ABS team's - or it might be one of yours! Just like the art beads, you can leave links in the comments if you want the chance to be featured :-) Maybe I'll even start a Pinterest board, who knows....(although this is unlikely - I'm the only person in the world who hasn't really managed to get on board with Pinterest. Maybe it's just my brain knowing that I do not need another time drain...!)

But onwards with our last Muse post of September. The piece I've chosen isn't described by the creator as an Autumnal piece, but the colours, the textures...the crustic, rustic nature of it seems just perfect to me. Yes, it's sea-themed, but it's also of the earth, and Autumn is all about the earth for me. 

The Rituals Enacted - Precious Violet

Art Beads - Ragged Robyn, Scorched Earth, Bo Hulley, Earth Butter BeadsBlueberri Beads

Now onto the beads.....












And now for the BeadBlogger Links. Enjoy the last few days of September everyone!















Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer; currently living in the capital city of Edinburgh. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the change of the seasons. How leaves change from green to ambers, pumpkins green to orange even grass and how textures come out like when the trees loose their leaves and you see the tree branches better. Sweaters and camp fires, jeans and fuzzy socks, falling leaves and the crunch as you walk and rake.
The beads you highlighted are fabulous thank you!

Julie Wong Sontag said...

Hmmmm..... I love all those beautiful choices and all the different media! It's so exciting that there are so many things to choose from when you need a special bead / component. And so many talented people. I'm totally feeling fall after a beautiful walk in the woods yesterday afternoon - I spent most of it hunched over collecting beautiful leaves with mottled yellows and browns and greens and reds... so I'm glad that hubby took some beautiful photos so I could see what I missed while I was busy planning an art project ;) xoxo -- julie

Julie Wong Sontag said...

And - oh my gosh.... to Lindsay - WOW. Stunning, dramatic piece, perfect for any time of the year, really. xo -- julie

Lindsay said...

Thank you so much for featuring my necklace, Rebecca, and Julie you are both so kind. As you both know, I'm a bit mad about art beads, whatever the season. Some great finds here.

Kristen said...

The featured necklace is amazing, I love it! Thanks for choosing one of my enameled components, I'm pleased to be among such gorgeous items!

Janine said...

Fall, Autumn, my favorite season of the year. I love the colors of the leaves.
Thanks for sharing your great finds. And OH MY GOODNESS, that necklace of the very talented and wonderful Lindsay is just stunning!!!