Thursday, January 7, 2016

January Monthly Challenge Palette

This month's color palette can be seen as an icy winter night or a burst of fresh spring shades - it just depends in which direction you decide to take! Do you spy rose quartz and serenity blue? Those Pantone Colors of the Year have potential! And isn't art amazing, a painting created over 100 years ago happens to be right on trend for colors in the year 2016. Just goes to show that great design and color are timeless. 

Here is an example that captures all the inspiration colors for this month. 
Blooms and Birds Set by Humblebeads.

Love the close up of the painting! The brush strokes are so full of energy. And this little snippet shows how you could narrow in a smaller section of the painting to pull your colors from rather than the entire palette. 

Have fun creating this month! We are giving away over $150 worth of art beads for this challenge. Make it your goal for 2016 to participate in each monthly challenge. Here are the challenge details if you are just joining us. 

3 comments:

Saraccino said...

Just as a general question: Where can I stop the automatic music playing at your side? I love artbeadscene but this is (sadly because I know you put work in this, but honestly nevertheless) quite annoying. I am often playing my own music or sometimes somewhere where it is not okay to play anything loud (and no I don't think of setting my music always off).

Best wishes,
Claire

Unknown said...

I really like your bead examples! They show us how if you look closely at something how much more you can see! I for one enjoy the 2016 colors. I was on polyvore and just like every other year you take what's given and make it yours!

Heather Powers said...

Claire - click on this link and mute the music: http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/2015/12/december-monthly-recap.html
I'll see if Erin can turn that off for our readers. Thanks!