Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Perfect Pairings :: Kydo Jewellery + Jean Christen

This ceramic pendant from Clay Genie Jean Christen with the moon-like face and the faint image of the bear feel very powerful yet soothing to me. I like the feeling of the cosmic connection with this piece of jewelry with the color blocking of the soft mottled stones and the multitude of shapes for interest. Our inspiration painting has a very otherworldly feeling, like when the stars in the sky align just so in The Lion King as the image of the great Mufasa goes rolling through the heavens. I can see that with this bear face protecting the moon woman.

Featured Designer: Kydo Jewellery
Featured Bead Artists :: Jean Christen Clay Genie
(Sadly, I could not find a recent link to the work of Jean Christen for purchase. Her work is lovely!)

We are now using Pinterest! 
You can find more details in this post about the exciting new changes
,
including a board devoted to art beads inspired by the monthly challenge!
(Ooh! Look! More pretty beads to lust after!)

Pretty please make sure that you post a link in your Pinterest description so that I have someplace to attribute the picture! 
And don't forget to tell us about those art beads - providing links to bead makers is appreciated!

Deadline January 28th  to get your pictures posted to the Pinterest boards for the creation of the
Monthly Challenge Recap post for January 30th.

TIP: If you upload your photo to pin it rather than pin it from your blog or shop, edit the pin (the little pencil button) and add your link as the source. Save your edits. This will allow us to click directly on your photo and go to your blog or shop to read more about your entry. 

1 comment:

BluMoon said...

Thank you so much for featuring my necklace I am so glad you liked it. I do not know where you can buy Clay Genies beads these days or even if she is making anymore. I have a little collection of pendants ( I am a great bead collector too)! I have made necklaces with one or two of them but some I just could not part with, especially as I cannot replace them.

Jackie