1. What is your personal name, business name, website and location?
Gaea Cannaday, Gaea Pendants, http://www.gaea.cc/, Ojai, California.
2. What kind of beads do you make? What kinds of processes do you use? What is your favorite beadmaking technique?
4. What is your workspace like and how do you work in your studio? What is a typical day like?
5. How do you stay inspired and motivated?
Inspiration comes from all directions! Necessity is the mother of invention sometimes. Other times my family are my inspiration. The past, good memories, even bad one. There is room for everything in inspiration. Life.
6. What type of beads and jewelry designs do you feel best compliment your art beads? Do you design your own jewelry too?
I love designing jewelry. My Mom and I are both jewelry addicts (I will blame this on my Mom!). I've spread the bead disease to here now though and we hit a local gem faire pretty hard a few weeks back! Go Mom, GO! I've been heavy into wire wrapping for a while and feel like that lets each bead make its own statement but also tell a story with the other elements. I feel stuck in the "necklace" and should break out of that a bit into other things. I've been thinking about hair ornamentation for a while and playing with some ideas on and off.
7. What beady plans do you have for the future? Do you have new designs or ideas you will be exploring soon?
A few years ago I made these light up wood, story wall boxes that had decoupage and beads. Maybe revisiting this idea with handmade beads would be a hoot.