Thursday, December 13, 2007

On the 8th Day of Christmas: A Flurry of Ornaments

Ornaments abound today! We have a special bonus project from Melanie, scroll down to view the 8.5th day of the Christmas. It's a super sweet project indeed!
This ornament does double duty, once Christmas is over it can be converted to a ceiling fan pull.

Materials:

Long Art Bead
Disk Bead
Large Bali Silver Bead
Fan Pull Kit
Ribbon

Art beads from Humblebeads, all other materials were found at Hobby Lobby.

The fan pull kit comes with the fancy wire work already done, simply string on your beads and form a loop at the top. Add ribbon in desired length.

When the season is over, remove the ribbon and replace it with the ball and chain component from the ceiling fan pull kit. Ta da - a gift that lasts all year round!

*Please visit the links on the Ornament Thursday post to view a whole slew of ornamental craftiness.

10 comments:

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Another winner, Heather! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Alexa said...

so pretty! I love swirls!

Katie Hacker said...

I love this, too. And I especially love ornies that can be used around the house after the holidays!

Kriss said...

Wow! Really cool. There are so many beautiful things on your blog. I need to go back further and see more!

Margot Potter said...

This is delightful.

Love!

Margot

Hali Chambers said...

AWESOME! I LOVE the scrolly silver detail--so elegant. And I love the double-duty-ness of this! :-) Hali

Linda Augsburg said...

Heather, as always, your work and your ideas amaze me! Love the little scrolly wire end too! Glad to see you here on Ornament Thursday!

Arrow said...

Heather,

This is so pretty! I love the wire work on this!

Rebecca

Michelle McGee said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!

Heather Powers said...

I can't take credit for the wire work, the ceiling fan pull kits comes all fancy like that! Just string on the beads and you're good to go.

Thanks for the nice comments, this one is on my tree!!!