Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bead Trends Call for Entries

Do you know what brings joy to your favorite beadmakers?  Having their beads used in your designs submitted to publications! 
(Photograph courtesy of Bead Trends, design by Heather Powers.)

This topic caught my eye from Bead Trends magazine:

Bead Trends is currently looking for designs with the following themes for our October 2010 issue:
Handmade Beads - Whether polymer clay, PMC, or lampwork, artists make the most beautiful designs with handmade beads.
If you would like to submit your work to this publication, please e-mail a photograph, the name or title of your piece, and contact information to: beadsubmit@beadtrendsmag.com.

If submitting multiple pieces, please send a separate e-mail and photograph for each design.

Deadline for the October 2010 issue is 11:59 p.m. MDT, April 30th, 2010. All ideas should be your original work and not previously published. Visit their submission page for complete details.

5 comments:

Malin de Koning said...

How perfect since I just today recieved a parcel in the post with the most wonderful beads by heather powers/humblebeads and have another one arriving shortly. I would love to be published in a bead magazine! Hope those beads could help me :-)

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Heather, I just found out from Kelly M. in California that there's a bracelet with one of my polymer clay beads in this month's "Bead Trends" magazine - I guess I'll have to look up a copy to see whose design it was and which bead it was... Exciting!

Pedralba said...

Hmmmmmm, sounds kinda cool.

Claycass said...

Let me see if I have this straight, send in photos of beads we have made. If they like the beads, they will request the actual bead, so it can be used in a completed item.

Heather Powers said...

No, this is a call for finished jewelry using art beads.