Wednesday, April 21, 2010

You Are My People

When I first learned of Art Bead Scene through Lorelei, I felt as if I had come home. I spent hours pouring over the site; past posts, current members, monthly challenges and reader comments. My blood quickened and my Creative Muse was not just awakened but charged as if she had been given Red Bull.
I went to the neglected clay table and pushed aside the embossing powders and flat polymer clay bases I had previously been making a living on and began to create....

An Art Bead.
(insert angelic choir here)

Emerging Pod by me
But the idea of an Art Bead wasn't just for my own creation, there was a whole world of art beads to discover. To obsessively collect and hoard. They would conjure up worlds outside of my own, allowing me to dream and create from those dreams.


This new way of thinking about beads gave the average stone or glass bracelet a purpose, a history and a story. It wasn't just assembly with beads it was a piece of someone's artistic ability.


Their years perfecting their craft, honing their skills and bravely sharing them with the world. We get to own a little piece of them and treasure them as the unique individual they are.

We get to combine their creativity with our own and make something beautiful. 


I look forward to delving further into the Art Bead Scene and getting to know other art bead makers and those whose design with them. Thank you for your warm welcome and allowing me into your lives.

You are my People.

9 comments:

Beatnheart said...

Dear Cindy,
Thank you very much for becoming a follower on my blog.. I do not quite get the jist yet of Art Bead Scene blog...is it alot of people or just you? I do not make beads as of yet, but I sure do love them and buy them...its an obsession really..I would like to join your group as I feel it could be something that would move me forward on my creative journey..Thank you so much for being here.

Gardanne said...

This blog is always a great resource, I just made a purchase in Aunali's shop.

one-eared pig said...

Wonderful post! All through my life, I often heard, "She's off in her own world again." Well, now i know "my own world" is well-populated with beady and creative people. I love it!

Kim Melton said...

I love this post, because it so eloquently puts into words exactly how I felt when I discovered this blog. I think I found it as one of Andrew Thornton's links and it has been a daily passion ever since! Thanks, Missficklemedia, you are one of my people, too!

Cindy said...

Welcome to Art Bead Scene! You are such a wonderful addition to the team and I look forward to your contributions! :-)

Alice said...

It's nice to have you here! I, too, am obsessed with art beads and findings, and love how they make a piece stand out from the rest. Thanks for the wonderful links!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Hey Shannon, I didn't know you were writing over here as well. Glad to see you and your wonderful work are part of this great group of artists. Hopefully we will see lots of your polymer clay work, as well as your metal. I love everything you do!

Kella said...

Congrates on your new outlet for your creative energies. I look forward to following you here too.

Eve said...

Hi Shannon, I'm new to ABS myself, so I look forward to your posts on this wonderful site, along with everyone else who's new to me. All the best!