Tuesday, January 6, 2009

$10 Tuesday - Woodland Pendant

It's time again for our creative editors to bring you an art bead project for $10 or under.

This week's design features beads from 2 different artists! Just call me McFrugal.


Disk bead (Humblebeads)
Ceramic leaf (Every Heart Crafts)
Brass hammered ring
Brass bead cap
6mm pearl
4 brass 8mm jump rings
1 brass 4mm spacer
1 brass headpin with ball
3" brass 24 gauge wire
18" gunmetal chain

(Brass from Bello Modo, chain from Rings & Things)

1. Wire wrap the disk bead with the brass wire.
2. On the headpin string the pearl and bead cap, trim wire and form a loop.
3. Attach the leaf and both dangles to the hammered loop with jump rings.
4. Attach a jump ring on the top of the loop and string through the chain.

The $25 or under variation:

Have some extra cash in your pocket? Spruce up this project with a tiny little charm from Hint, like the precious little hummingbird below.

This project is from Heather Powers of Humblebeads.


HINT Jewelry Design said...

Love your ability to be thrifty! Thanks for including my little hummingbird for some fun :)

As always, I'm enjoying and learning from you...

Erin said...


Thank you for featuring my leaf charm on your project today! I love it! I'm such a sucker for charm necklaces myself. This is so cute and for $10 or under you can't beat that! Thanks again!

Oh2122 said...

That's great!

I love the colors, and EHC is one of my favorite blogs!

SueBeads said...

Very very cute! I love everyone's work!

Cristi said...

Love the design, Heather!

goddessjoy said...

Love the ten dollar Tuesdays! This project is really nice, I may have to whip up a version of own.

Dave Robertson said...

Hi, Heather, what great beads and of course they're even nicer the way you've presented 'em. Thanks for noting our gunmetal chain, a big favorite!

at Rings & Things

Debra G. said...

LOVE IT !!! Gonna make my own! Thank You !!

Shoes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.