Monday, January 26, 2009

Featured Designer fo the Week - Island Girl

Each Monday we feature the Designer of the Week. One of our editors pick their favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries.

This week Jennifer of Jangles picked Island Girl's Iris Necklace. Jennifer noted, "First of all the name Island Girl caught me, I love it and wish I were an island girl. But for the necklace it screams Van Gogh's Irises. That bead is beautiful!" To see more work by the Lynn Bowland visit Island Girl's Etsy shop.

Our theme this month is "Van Gogh's Irises!" The deadline to enter for the monthly prize is January 31st! Create something that combines the theme with art beads and then send in your submission for the January Challenge.

5 comments:

Islandgirl said...

Thank you so much for picking my Iris necklace! It was a fun piece to design.

I hate to dissolution you but my island is in the North Atlantic.. no palm trees, no sand... but it is a true Island only way on and off is by boat.. free 20 minute government ferry.

Lynne (Islandgirl)

Jill said...

Gorgeous necklace, So glad I found this site!

brokenteepee said...

Beautiful bead, beautiful necklace!

storybeader said...

oh, I love Island Girl's feature beads, and have purchased them on Etsy for my designs. I love the name too.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Goodness Gracious Lynne, that's a GORGEOUS IRIS!!!!