Tuesday, November 16, 2010

ABS Ornament Blog Hop

Jingle, jingle, merry and bright! Join in the first annual Art Bead Scene Ornament Blog Hop.

How to play along:

1. Sign up - email to let me know you are planning to participate. Please use the subject line: ABS Ornament Blog Hop

2. Create an ornament using handmade components or art beads. Here is an example: Golden Bird Ornament

3. On December 5th post a sneak peek on your blog and send me the link. On December 6th I'll send you the links of the participating blogs. (You'll replace your sneak peak with the ornament post so that we can have a list of direct links.)

4. December 7th post your ornament on your blog and the list of participating blog links.

This is an inclusive creative challenge - we'd love to see Hanukkah , Kwanzaa or Winter Solstice themed decorations along with traditional Christmas ornaments. Have fun!

Pictured above are some art beads to help inspire you.

From left to right:




Have questions? Feel free to leave them in the comment section.
Q. What's a sneak peek (formerly peak!)?

A. Might help if I spell it right! No mountain climbing is required.
You'll post a small preview of your ornament on the 5th and replace it with the full size picture and text on the 7th. So that we have a direct link to use for the hop rather than general blog url. Readers won't have to search for your blog hop posts, the links will go directly to them. Detailed instructions will be emailed to participants.

5 comments:

JeannieK said...

Count me I'm in and color me christmas colors.

rosebud101 said...

This sounds like fun, but I'm not sure how to do a sneak peak. Can you let me know? Otherwise, I'm in.

KeRobinson said...

These are so pretty...noticing how the 1st four pics would all look nice in the same necklace and then the 3 bottom all look good together .....
What's a "Sneak Peek" ???? LOL!

Michelle Mach said...

You read my mind! I have a large art bead in my collection that I don't want to use as a pendant and have been toying with the idea of making it into an ornament.

Unknown said...

How beautiful! I'm browsing through blogs and found yours. It's great and I look forward to more ideas!! :)

Katie
You can follow me at http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/