Thursday, May 5, 2011

Art Beads and Birthstones

Personalize gifts and custom orders by using birthstones and art beads that match.  Birthstones can get a little pricey, use just a few as accents or substitute crystal or glass beads in the same hues.

January: Garnet
Cindy Gimbrone Heart Headpins
Garnet beads from GemmeTresor

February: Amethyst
Lavender lampwork beads from LavenderBeads
Amethyst beads from LoveofJewelry

March: Aquamarine
Classic Bead's Ceramic White Daisy Pendant
Aquamarine beads from GemtoneBeads

April: Diamond
Saskia Owl Pendant in Silver from Hint
Herkimer diamond beads from KawaiiBeads

May: Emerald
Kylie Parry's Ceramic Garden Focal Pendant
Emerald beads from DesertFireSupplies

June: Pearl
Lampwork Egg Bead from StarCatcher
Pearls from PottyMouthGems

July: Ruby
Ceramic Fleur de Lis Pendant from ClayDesignsByGlee
Ruby beads from OllieandJo

August: Peridot
Peridot beads from JewelsforGrace

September: Sapphire
Sapphire beads from LuxBeads

October: Opal
Lampwork Beads by KreationsbyKarenK
Opal beads from WholesalerofBeads

November: Citrine
Chinook Jewelry's Ceramic Pendant
Citrine beads from AliveGems

December: Topaz
Polymer Clay Bird Pendant from Floridity
Topaz beads from OddlyEnchantingGems

18 comments:

somethingunique said...

Some great inspiration!! thanks Heather ttfn L:)

TesoriTrovati said...

That is so totally awesome. You inspire me. ;-)
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Beth Hikes said...

Love these pairings! That daisy is stunning and the lavender lampwork amazes me. Thank you so much for featuring my Saskia owl from Hint. The most poetic part is my cat Saskia who inspired the spirit of this charm passed away in April 2009. The queen in her would have loved being paired with some diamonds! Many blessings for bringing a smile to my face.

Bobbie said...

Serendipity! I just mailed off a Mother's Day gift (with fingers crossed that it arrives in time), a necklace with family birthstones for my mom. It was the first time I've done a birthstone piece, and it was fun to figure out how to combine them into a harmonious piece. Great info, and beautiful examples!

Michelle Mach said...

Beautiful! Thanks for taking the time to create all these pairings.

It's also possible to find crystals in just about any color, in case gemstones are too pricey for your project.

Malin de Koning said...

What a collection! Absolutely gorgeous!

Kylie Parry Studios said...

Such a fun post with amazing selections! Thanks for including my pendant!

Andrew Thornton said...

What a luscious spread! Love all the colors, textures, AND art beads! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! And the pictures are gorgeous!

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

I love that you paired up the gemstone colors with pendants!!! Thanks for including my pieces! Can I add too that I picked up some gemstones at Bead Fest Wire (nothing too extravagantly priced) and this will be a fantastic resource to refer back to for aiding with inspiration for design - THANKS!!!

Beauty Care said...

Eye catching pieces and colours. Very nice post!

beadsparkle.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Beautiful post, fantastic selections and love that you tell us where we can get the items!! Thank you.

Gerry said...

THis is an absolutely wonderful post. Love the pairing of the 2. THis is great in showing how to coordinate the colors!!! THank you so much!!!!

Yolanda M. said...

What a great post and the selection of beads and pendants is amazing! Love my month choices, August.

Lagos jewelry said...

I am an October girl and I must say that you have refreshing designs in Opal.They are very different from the boring lot that is available in the stone.I also love ruby.

Mark Spencer said...

This gives me an idea to give my mom a bracelet of this stones.

roseworksjewelry said...

Love the collection!

grandgemstones said...

I watch all your post.These are very beautiful post.I got to know many thing from your post.we all so dealing with many type of gemstone in <a href="http://www.grandgemstones.com/>grandgemstones</a>