Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Bead Biz- Larger Pictures on your Blog

Photobucket

See the difference? Pictures make a blog and you want them as large as possible. If you're using blogger you have three choices for photos, small medium, and large. Large is all right but I wanted bigger so I did some research and found how to get those large beautiful pictures that I have seen on other blogs.

First you will need to upload your photo on a photo sharing site. I use Photo Bucket. I am sure there are others but this one is easy for me, the non techical person that I am. Once you have your photos upload. There is a box below the image that allows you to copy the image in html. That's what you will want to do.

Next start your new post in blogger. When you are ready to add your photo, switch to the Edit Html format. You'll find that link in the top right hand corner of your post. Paste your html that you copied from Photo Bucket into your post. If you want your big beautiful photo at the top then paste it right at the top of the post.

Once it's posted, switch your posting back to the Compose link. It's also in the right hand corner, right next to the Edit Html link. If the photo is too big then you can click on the corner of it and drag you mouse to make the image smaller.

Send me a link in the comments to your blog if you tried the larger picture, I would love to see it.

Enjoy!

This post was written by
Jennifer Jangles

16 comments:

SueBeads said...

Thank you so much for this info!!!

Norma's Bag Boutique said...

Thanks for the tip. I have to give it a try. It does makes a difference.

somethingunique said...

Hi Jennifer thanks for the tip,ttfn L:)

Honey from the Bee said...

Love it! Will have to try it today.

rosebud101 said...

Jennifer, thanks for this great information! I plan to try it out!

Kate said...

I tried it over at www.tropicalblonde.blogspot.com! My photos (I use Flickr) are already in the largest size that fits in my blog format without running into my sidebar. But I think I might be able to edit the html code to expand the pixels parameters so I plan to try that later. Thanks for sharing!

gailwhitehead55 said...

I haven't tried it yet,going to tonight.Thanks,Jennifer

Alice said...

Thank you so much for sharing these instructions! I'm such a dunce when it comes to anything technical, and struggle with my blog photos all the time.

Lisa @FishyFaceDesigns said...

Thank you for the information... WOW that rocks.... beautiful piece!

Anonymous said...

That looks so amazing...Your piece just pops!!!!!

KJ said...

When I started my blog I also started a flickr account so every picture in my blog is on flickr.

I cannot use the large picture size on my blog without running over the sidebars, but my pictures are clickable to larger versions.

Heather Powers said...

Hey guys - just a note about using Flickr, if you have a free account it will only show your last 200 photos. I would recommend using photobucket unless you have a pro account with Flickr.

JenniferJangles said...

If you're photo is too big, put your post back into "compose" mode and click on the photo. A box around the edge will show up. From there you can drag the corner of the photo so it is smaller. My photos usually need to be made 600pixels to fit in my box on blogger. I usually preview the picture to see if I have it the right size.
Good luck!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Thanks for sharing, I finally had some time today and tried your technique out: http://mkaymac.blogspot.com/2011/05/anns-doll.html

The only way I could resize the images was to go to edit picture, but it worked great and really like the increased size.

v-perlen said...

Hi,

thanks for your help. I have sucessfully followed your steps. To take a look: http://v-perlen.blogspot.com/.

Yours Veronika

Karin Slaton said...

Thanks for the great tip. We'll all be blogging better! I set up an account at Photobucket and used your technique on the last photo in this post: http://backstorybeads.blogspot.com/2011/05/shades-of-summer.html

It looks amazing! So glad I found your blog.