Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cuff Bracelets

Cuff bracelets will be everywhere this summer.  Give them the art bead treatment to turn them from a trend into a treasure. 

Try a curved connector beads by Captured Moments

Or look for beads with two holes like this fun set by Gaea

Chinook Jewelry has a collection of beautiful curved ceramic connectors in her Architectural Collection. 

More Skye Jewels offers vintage images on wood, Marie will drill them any way you'd like.  You could do two holes or create a double strand beaded cuff with 4 holes on this component.

Let the clasp become the focal by using a cuff style toggle like these ones by Higher Chakra.

Or look for resin and metal pendants with 4 holes like this one by Gardanne Beads.

Lorelei Eurto curved a copper and resin pendant into a cuff focal bead for her bracelet. 

Jean A. Wells combines a ceramic connector with leather and large chunky ceramic beads.

Staci Louise has layered a ceramic pendant on top of a leather cuff.  I love how the wire mimics the line work of the the quilting.

I created a bracelet using one of my 3-hole spacer beads with 3 Vintaj bangles to create a cuff. 

I could also see a cuff made from memory wire that wraps around the wrist several times with metal seed beads and an art bead charm at the end of the loops.

Kick off summer and whip up a cuff bracelet design of your own using beads from your favorite artists.

12 comments:

Gardanne said...

Thanks for the shout out Heather, I will be sure to include a metal component that can be used on a cuff design in my sponsor grab bag.
I am in love with your use of the wire bracelets, and the unique seed beads on the jump rings are perfect.

Jean Wells said...

Thank you, Heather, for featuring my Sunburst Redesigned bracelet. It is quite an honor for me.

Reaction Designer Jewelry + Accessories said...

gorgeous pieces. i really need some beads like that in my life!

Malin de Koning said...

All very pretty!
I am in a cuff mode too.
Thanks!

JeannieK said...

Glad we're not voting because these are ALL wildly creative and moxie fab. Well done ladies!

cindy said...

Fantastic pieces!

Marie Cramp said...

Awesome!! Cherrie Fick of En La Lumiere made one with one of my pendants, it looks awesome! I happen to be working on that very thing at the moment! I will let you know when I post!

Holly Loves Art said...

These are all so gorgeous!!

Angel Whisperer said...

I guess my bracelet for this months challenge would fit in here

KayzKreationz said...

Nice to know. Thanks for the post. And I love all the pictures of cuff bracelets.

Cara Rae said...

These are all fantastic! I have been in such a cuff mode and they seem to be very popular and are selling well. I love the look of leather mixed withmetal and sparkle!

Unknown said...

Using a large, plaque like focal piece in a bracelet is my current favorite look. I really enjoyed the versions you shared here!