Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Playing Hide & Seek: May Challenge Inspiration

When the new ABS Monthly challenge rolls around, I always head out for a little retail therapy to jump start my brain. This month's painting is filled with a sweet pastoral setting of a mother and daughter enjoying each others' company. The colors are verdant and cool with a touch of stark black and white. So many options!

 Let's start out with some beads to go with our May monthly challenge, shall we?



These lampwork boro beads from Firelily have the perfect shade of grassy meadow, don't you think?


And speaking of meadow...how about this awesome Meadow Mix of faceted glass from BeadsandBotanicals on Etsy.


The little pops of red on the hide-and-seek tree could be these sweet hand dyed lucite flower beads from Petalbeads on Etsy.


One of my favorite stones is the shimmery goldstone, and green goldstone is one of the hardest colors to find, but is a perfect match for that tree. Scoop up different sizes and shapes of faceted green goldstone from Fire Mountain Gems.


These leafy little caps from the new Arte Metal line through Vintaj I found at Fusionbeads.

For the green grasses waving, these silk strand bundles, in expertly coordinated colors by MarshaNealStudios, are soft and pretty.

Black and cream striped ribbon from Caramelos on Etsy.


The dresses on this mother and daughter make me want to break out the lace! How about this trim from GriffithsGarden that looks substantial enough to hold it all together.


A simply charming polymer clay umbrella from JessContreras of on Etsy. (And yes, I think your lovely wife is rubbing off on you! In a very good way! ;-)

And just look at these wee raw brass umbrella charms that I found from one of my favorites: MKBeads. Squee! I think that you could patina these...what do you think?


I have a few coveted glass beads from extraordinary artist Kerri Fuhr of Kerribeads on Etsy. If you have one you know what I am talking about. This bird looks like it swooped right out of this painting and into my heart.

I have long been a fan of Elukka from Sweden and her little houses and charming pastoral scenes. These little houses look just like the structures in the painting.

I stumbled on the original watercolor paintings set under resin by artist Sarah Lambert-Cook of TuckooandMooCow and I am smitten I tell you! Is this the house in the background of the painting? I swear it must be! This Irish Country Cottage is so awesome! I know it comes on a chain, but I can see this as the start of something grand!

What are you waiting for? Go out there and get inspired. And don't forget to enter your blog post of your challenge piece on this post here by May 29th. I will host the blog hop on May 30th!

Happy shopping!

Erin Prais-Hintz writes about all things that inspire her at Treasures Found::Inspiration Is Everywhere. Her jewelry designs are one-of-a-kind made one-at-a-time. She collects quotes and dust and invites you to send her your favorite (quote - not dust!) to enjoytheday@tesoritrovati.com.

11 comments:

Alice said...

Erin, what a beautiful bounty of beads you have lined up for us!

The first thing I saw in the inspiration art was the lovely greens, followed by the mother's gauzy dress. I didn't even see the little dwellings in the background!

Thanks for sharing these lovely inspiration beads!

Jenni said...

what a stunning collection of items you have there Erin. I am in love with the little bird bead and the umbrellas are totally adorable. It is a beautiful inspiration painting.
jenni

JeannieK said...

I appreciate the time it takes to publish a post like this and doing all the "leg work" for us, so to speak.

These are all beautiful choices. How to choose.

MK Beads said...

Very cool!
thanks so much for including my umbrella charms :)

Patrick

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh That Kerri Fuhr beads is one of my all time favorites!!!

gailwhitehead55 said...

These are wonderful beads& ribbons!Kerri always has beautiful beads,I have a small stash of them,and the umbrellas and tiny houses are wonderful.Thanks for seeking them out for us.

caramelos said...

Thanks so much for including my striped ribbon in your collection. Truly inspiring!

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

This is a wonderful collection!!! Thanks for including the silks in with it. I love shopping with something in mind...

Malin de Koning said...

Wonderful picks there Erin. Wonderful! You gave me some new angles to approach from. Thank you!

Oh and btw - Elukka is from Finland (neighbouring Sweden). I also love her things.

Beth Hikes said...

Adore the umbrella charms! I'm off to look at Sarah Lambert-Cook's work. What a fun cottage...looks like a wonderful spot for tea and a nap :)

roseworksjewelry said...

I love the beads you found!