Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bead Scoop - Electroformed Beads

Like some mad scientist, glass-beadmakers can add new life to their beads through a process that involves chemicals, metallic paint and an electric current. I'm sure when the beadmaker retrieves their creations from the chemical bath in the back of their minds they shout, "It's alive!"


Kate Folwe Meleney


The mix of metal and glass is an intriguing combination. Most electroformed beads use copper and we've all seen the amazing collection of copper findings that are on the market. What an incredible way to add new life to your jewelry creations.

3 comments:

Sooz said...

I've seen a few electroformed beads lately and I love them! (no surprise there....) I wonder if they are the new trend in lampworking?
Anyway, thanks for the eye candy!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazaed every time I see one of these little pieces of art. What a coolio technique!

Melissa J. Lee said...

These are just gorgeous!