Saturday, August 18, 2007

Findings Worth Finding: Sumptuous Leather Cord


I have been on a quest for some time to find a really good leather cord to use for hanging my pendants. Since I have a entire drawer full of cord that I have purchased over the years, I can attest to the fact that they vary from source to source. Some are too tough and crack, some are too irregular in their diameter, some have been wound around spools and won't lie straight, others aren't pliable enough to make a loop and still others just plain look cheap.

Recently I discovered Greco Leather Cord, who specializes in providing quality leather cord. When I received my order from them recently I knew I had finally found the best cord on the market. The Natural color I ordered in the 1.8 mm. was so consistent in width and was supple enough to make some handsome and very sturdy knots. The other color I ordered was Moose, which I have never seen offered anywhere else. It reminds me so much of my first pair of Frye boots from the seventies after a year of constant wear...anyone out there that has owned a pair of these knows exactly what I mean... a warm, rich, dark tan (by the way, I recently learned that there is a pair displayed in the Smithsonian Museum as an emblem of the anti-war and women's liberation era!).

There are are so many shades to choose from at Greco Leather - I counted 26 fabulous colors in the 1.8mm width! They also carry six other widths in the most popular colors, which are the Black, Natural and Moose.

Check them out - I'm so sure you will love these cords!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Virginia - thanks so much for the tip. It's very timely as I'm almost out of my leather cording.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

very awesome!

Virginia said...

Glad you found this helpful. Next on my list is to find the best leather lace...I'll post with my results!

Unknown said...

i like leather cord jewellerys..Great blog, thanks for sharing. this blog is very useful .
leather cord