Thursday, May 6, 2010

ABS Updates

Not only did we change our appearance here on the Art Bead Scene, we've added some new opportunities for you to participate on the ABS.

First I'd like to thank Rose Noble, the incredible designer who created our new look!  Rose was so sweet she even made new banners for our readers to share on their blogs and link back to the ABS. Click here to view them and pick your favorite to add to your blog!

Art Bead Scene Design Team Challenge
I’d like to invite you to apply to participate in a new feature on the Art Bead Scene.

We are going to host a monthly Design Team Challenge and we are looking for designers who love art beads, work quickly and blog!

What is the Design Team Challenge?
One of ABS contributors will send you a set of beads or a pendant.
You have two weeks to create a piece of jewelry and submit a photograph for our blog post.
We’ll feature you and your design in a post on the Art Bead Scene.
The final step is to write a blog post on your blog about your Design Team Challenge entry.

We'll pick 4 designers for each month's challenge.

To apply: email me your contact information and your blog link. Send them to Heather.

We are also looking for news, guest bloggers and more, be sure to visit our submissions page for more details.
 
Ads on the ABS
Monthly sponsors are very special to us.  These are bead artists and our favorite suppliers that we feel exemplify our mission to celebrate Art Beads and inspire those who use them.  In the past, sponsors have been by invitation only but I'd like to open that up to an application process now.  Visit the advertising page for details on how to apply to be a featured monthly sponsor.  We can not accept all who apply.
 
Banner Ads
For beadmakers only, we are offering affordable banner ads. We'll accept the first 10 each month.  Ads run on the 15th of each month.  See the advertising page for rates and details.
 
Scroll down on the blog for a bonus post on the next Bead Soup Party hosted by Lori Anderson!

12 comments:

Rosanne said...

I already added the new link to my blog to my blog. It looks good there too!

Diana P. said...

Can't wait til I get home so I can add the link to my blog. Also, really love the new look and all the new features!

GailW. said...

I think this is great news!ArtBeadScene is expanding and giving new and old beaders new paths to explore.Also,it may get non-bloggers the push to become bloggers.I also think the new layout is great,I had to check to make sure I was at the right site,lol!

TesoriTrovati said...

Brilliant!
Rose is a genius and I love the new look. I will grab my button right now.
And you know I am so on board with you!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

mairedodd said...

i meant to comment upon the new look - i really love it!

sandi m said...

The new look is GREAT!

And, yes, this non-blogger is gonna have to get on the blog train...I think I need Rose!!

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Love the new look!
Michelle-

Alice said...

I just love the new look! And the new monthly ABS design challenge is an awesome idea. It's just one more reason I need to get my very own blog.

Thanks to the very generous sponsors for providing gorgeous beads for these challenges!

heather said...

Great new look and I love that we have picture choices to put on our blogs. I had no trouble getting the picture on my blog but the link isn't working. Can you help me?

Stacey said...

How very exciting - lots of inspiration out there! Can't wait to see what happens next....

Anonymous said...

i love the new look,new book,but, my favorite is the new art challenge for the site,can't wait to some of the idea's. plus, beings that i am trying to teach myself how to bead through the internet,and websites. i think the challenges maybe good for me. i love your work.i do alot of art therapy for my disease,some days are better than others,but i'm just not made to quit,it's not in my nature.since i can't do most of the things i use to, my disease counselor thought art therapy was a good way to go.i would love to win,but i thank you just for the opportunity to win. maybe i can make something fabulous,and stun us all.i have to hope anyway. thanks for sharing your gift with us. happy mother's day.
thanks....
barbara hopkins
nanniespiperdayle@yahoo.com

beth said...

Great new look and the challenge sounds awesome!