Thursday, May 27, 2010
Top 10 Bead Show Tips
1. Have a budget - I know I just heard someone laugh, but seriously unless money is no object you can get into major trouble without a budget.
2. Have a list - make a list of materials or projects supplies you are planning to hunt down.
3. Have a plan - make a list of the beadmakers or shops you have to visit
3. A good pair of shoes - seriously, it's a lot of walking.
4. A good friend - to help you stay out of trouble and to share your best treasures.
5. Have a strategy - buy your art beads and rare finds the first day. Look for deals the second day.
6. Impulses are not your friend - ask yourself: can I order this at home or will it add too much bulk to my suitcases if I'm flying.
7. Replenish - have water, you really will need it.
8. Bring business cards - this is a great time to network.
9. Bring a camera - you'll want pictures of you and your new friends and photos from the show.
10. Be kind to yourself - let's face it #1 will be blown the first day unless you have super human bead buying powers. Bring a credit card or have a back up funds for your travel expenses.