Monday, May 24, 2010

Featured Designer of the Week: Mariposa

Each Monday the Art Bead Scene features the Designer of the Week. One of our editors picks her favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries. This week's featured designer is Mariposa!




ABS Editor, Cindy Gimbrone had this to say about Mariposa's design:

I love this piece - it's very abstract in it's interpretation, taking the bird literally but the beads balancing or juggling themselves on the neck wire is conceptual. It makes you think and that's what art is!

You can see Mariposa's work on her Flickr page. Congratulations, Mariposa!

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

OH my, my, my. I love it. Great Pick!

Patty said...

What a sweet necklace! I love the way the bird bead hangs, and how it all comes together.

Regina said...

Wow, I like how Mariposa thinks. Bravo!

Michelle | Full Color Postcards said...

Awww I really like the bird and that piece of jewelry! It really odds a simple touch overall. Nice work :)

Lithi said...

Lovely. The bird adds such a nice touch.