Wednesday, July 9, 2008

BeadLit!

BeadLit is a Twitter and blog I was inspired to start when I read about TwitterLit. TwitterLit is a twitter that posts the first line of a piece of literature with an Amazon link to the actual book. I thought it was a cool idea to do with beads! Why would I think so?

I'm a glass beadmaker who has been making flameworked glass beads for 8 years and selling them from my website for 4 years. I designed jewelry with beads prior to making glass beads and continue to design jewelry. I string jewelry, I wire wrap, I do metal work, I work with seed beads - you name the technique, I've probably done it and bought a book about it! So, I have a long love affair with the bead and only someone who truly loves them would have half of her studio dedicated to books about beads. I want to share the bead-love with you! You'll be able to read a line about bead and/or jewelry making on the go!

A good first line in a book can make you want to read the whole thing - even in bead books. Here's a good example from last fall's BeadLit Twitters: There's a playground inside each of us.

What a great first line, huh? You'd never think it came from a jewelry design book.

If you haven't already, get a Twitter account .

Then, go to the Search box and type in BeadLit. Click on the "Follow me on Twitter" link to the right in order to start receiving the BeadLit Twitters.

On Tuesdays, I'll Twitter the first line of a beadmaking/jewelry design book - beadmaking of all mediums, glass, clay, metal, paper - you name it! - I'll BeadLit-Twitter the first line of how to make beads, how to design with beads, history of beads, design techniques with beads - anything related to a bead and written in a book.

Tweet you later!

Written by ABS Editor, Cindy Gimbrone, a glass beadmaker, Wizard Rock fan and Mom to The Teen

No comments: